Gian Franco Morini was born in Faenza in 1955. He attended the Institute for Ceramic Art in Faenza and the Fine Art Academy in Bologna.
Augusto Betti and Alfonso Leoni were his teachers, he worked as a young apprentice together the Masters Panos Tsalakos and Carlo Zauli.
Since the Seventies he has worked in the ceramic industry, in international firms, as a researcher.
Panos Tsolakos, one of the protagonists of the ceramic renovation that took place in Faenza in the sixties and seventies, winner of the 1971 International Art Ceramics Competition and numerous and prestigious other awards in Italy and abroad
In collaboration with the ceramic sculptor Carlo Zauli, unquestionably considered one of the most important sculptor ceramicists of the twentieth century.
Fiorano Modenese (MO)
He also directs the research and development laboratories for other brands in the same group: Ceramiche Corallo, Indus, Gualdo, Edil Carani, Eiffelgres.
Bathroom wall tiles design with ceramic tiles and optical fibers with Iris Ceramiche.
Sant'Agata Bolognese (BO)
Development of customized floors and walls.
Sculptures and installations in ceramic and iron at his home-laboratory.
Permanent sculptures and installations
Gian Franco Morini called ‘il Moro’, sculptor and designer, provocative and paradoxical, exaggerated and contradictory, ingenious and vulgar, has fulfilled a dream: to transform his home-workshop, located in the countryside of Faenza, into a Garden of Art, the sculpture of his life.
Der Kunst Garten, in German language, to emphasize the international vocation of this garden: a private space in a garden, a lawn and a house without gates or barriers, where anyone can go, stop, have a chat with the landlord, and watch the artworks of the artists who will be invited to take turns.
Since its opening, the museum has taken on new geometries, the metamorphosis is continuous. Adjacent to his laboratory house, in the Faenza countryside, the garden can be visited for free.
Address: Via Modigliana 16, 48018 Faenza (RA) // ITALY